Peace Education Network - Nepal (PENN)
|Home||About PENN||Membership Form||PENN team||Notice||Library||Photo Gallery||Contact us|
Peace Education Network-Nepal (PENN)
Peace Education Network-Nepal (PENN) is a duly registered national Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) established together by Peace Educators, trainers, senior government employees, educationists and social workers. PENN has been involved in developing textbooks and training manuals for building teachers’and youth capacity on transformative peace pedagogy. In addition to this, PENN has organised projects in order to enhance Peace livelihood, human rights and social harmony. It is a membership-based organization working for various programs by mobilizing high quality professionals working in peace education, human rights, health projects and social leadership and civil society. Our team members are committed to serve our members, educational institutions and organizations.
We serve our members
· Recognition of committed schools and persons on PEACE and NON-VIOLENCE by Certification.
· High quality educational professionals and peace education specialists in school: by building capacity of Principals and Teachers on Peace, Child Rights, Peace Pedagogy, Transformative Pedagogy, Civic Education and Global Citizenship Education.
· Participative & Virtual Trainings on Conflict Management skills to Youth, Principals and School Management Committee members.
· Professional support in establishing a Peace Club and building leadership in students in order to lead peace initiative in school and communities.
· Presentation of Peace Award to selected individuals/institutions/organisations on International Peace Day and awarding members for their contribution in Education.
· Networking of opportunities by connecting schools, children and youth nationally and internationally and PENN members with other national and international organizations.
· Sustainable partnership programs between public and private organisations working nationally and internationally in Education, Sports and Health sector.
· Free-ship/scholarship and education support to victims of natural calamities and the under-privileged.
· We work digitally throughout our network and sister associations.
Who are eligible?
· Anyone willing to contribute to peace, human rights, global citizenship education, civic education, ethics education, health education and democracy.
· Registered and loose networks/institutions/organisations including schools willing to embrace peace, human rights, Civil Resistance and Non Violence along with global citizenship education and democracy.
· How can you become a member? Digitally fill a membership form, pay the membership fees and send to PENN Secretariat. All membership fees should go to: Peace Education Network-Nepal (PENN)Sanima Bank, Satdobato branch, Lalitpur, Nepal Act. No. 014010010000956 Swift code: SNMANPKA
For More Information
Please call us or write to us for details
BN Sharma, President: Telephone: 977.98020.59073; 977.9851059073 (cell); 977-1-5560888 (morn./eve.)